MacRumors is pleased to announce our Thirteenth Annual MacRumors Blood Drive, throughout the month of May 2022. With your help we can save lives by increasing the number of donations of blood, platelets, and plasma. While most blood drives are specific to a geographic location, our blood drive is online and worldwide.
Over the past 12 years, MacRumors Blood Drives have recorded donations of 1056 units units of blood, platelets, and plasma, and celebrated new signups for the organ donor and bone marrow registries. We’ve heard from first-time donors, from users who donate regularly, and from users whose lives were saved by the blood donations of strangers.
This year’s featured blood donor is user chengengaun, who lives in Singapore. chengengaun has participated in the MacRumors Blood Drive and has also registered for the bone marrow registry.
How to participate in the MacRumors Blood Drive – during May 2022
- If you are an eligible donor, schedule a blood, platelet, or plasma donation (see FAQ), at any donation center near you. Post in the MacRumors 2022 Blood Drive! thread to tell us about it. Also post if you register as an organ donor or register for the bone marrow registry (see FAQ). We’ll add all donors and registrants to our Honor Roll.
- If you aren’t eligible to donate, please encourage someone else to make a donation, and let us know. If they donate, you’ll both be added to our Honor Roll.
- Share our message with friends, relatives, and followers. Thank the people who post in the MacRumors 2022 Blood Drive! thread.
How to participate in the MacRumors Blood Drive – from June 2022 to April 2023
In between the MacRumors Blood Drives each May, record your donations on our Team MacRumors page. We’ll tally your donations and count them for the MacRumors Blood Drive next May.
- Go to the Team MacRumors page and click PLEDGE TO GIVE BLOOD, (Bookmark the page for the future.)
- Fill in your MacRumors username as your first name and @ macrumors as your last name.
- In the comments field, tell us what type of donation and how many units, eg, 1 unit of whole blood, 2 units of platelets, etc.
- The email address and zip code fields don’t matter. MacRumors won’t use that information.
We look forward to another successful MacRumors Blood Drive,
iPhone 14 Pro Display Panels Reveal New Pill-and-Hole Design Replacing Notch
Apple’s upcoming iPhone 14 Pro models are widely rumored to feature new displays with a pill-shaped cutout and a hole for the Face ID sensors and front camera, respectively, and now a real-world look at this design has seemingly surfaced. Front glass panels for all four iPhone 14 models have allegedly surfaced on Chinese social media website Weibo, as shared on Twitter by @SaranByte and…
Useful Mac Apps Worth Checking Out – April 2022
Mac apps often don’t receive as much attention as apps designed for iPhones and iPads, so we have a regular video series that is designed to highlight some of the useful Mac apps that we’ve come across over the past few months. Our April picks feature apps for quickly accessing websites, adjusting external display settings from the menu bar, using a Windows-like “alt-tab” tool, and more. Subscr …
Deals: Apple’s 12.9-Inch iPad Pro Reaches Up to $399 Off in New Sales on Amazon
Amazon this week has introduced a slate of deals on the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, with markdowns hitting every configuration of the 2021 tablet. You’ll find the full list of sales below, with prices reaching as much as $399 off these devices. Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us…