The brand-new addition to the Apple iPad family is the iPad Air 2022 version. The latest iPad model is also called the iPad 5 – a mighty upgrade from the 2020 edition designed to impress. Compared to the older versions of the iPad Air, the 2022 version has a powerful M1 chipset, 5G connectivity, and an excellent front camera for better video calling. It is a carbon-neutral product, staying true to Apple’s initiative to become carbon-neutral by 2030 with their products. It comes loaded with accessibility features that enable challenged individuals to use the iPad Air with the same ease as normal individuals.
iPad Air 2022 is priced at just $599. This is the lowest price point for an Apple product with an M1 chipset and iPadOS 15.
iPad Air 2022: Specifications
- Supercharged performance with M1 chipset
- 12MP ultra-wide front camera
- Center Stage feature for superior video calling
- 12 MP wide back camera
- High-speed 5G connectivity
- Wi-Fi 6 for superfast Wi-Fi connectivity
- 10.9″ liquid retina display
- USB-C connector to connect to docks, drives, cameras, and more
- 2X faster transfer speed for smooth file transfer
- Two speakers on either side mimic the surround system
- Multitask feature support
- Completely customizable with Apps from the App store
- Compatible with 2nd generation Apple Pencil
- Works with Magic Keyboard and Smart Keyboard Folio
- Touch ID for locking and unlocking using a fingerprint
- Available in five colors
iPad Air 2022: Pros
- Excellent performance
- Vibrant display and loudspeakers
- Convenient to use in both landscape and portrait modes
- Long battery life
iPad Air 2022: Cons
- The basic model comes with only 64GB of storage.
- The front-facing camera doesn’t work well in landscape mode.
- Touch ID is somewhat tricky compared to Face ID.
- The cost is very similar to the iPad Pro.
Is the Latest iPad Generation Right for You?
The iPad Air is a great new tool for creative individuals. The multitasking feature allows you to do more productive tasks without using a laptop. The Apple Pencil has better usage with various creative apps in the App store. The latest iPad generation is great for tablet users looking for a powerful tablet to do a bit of everything, such as creating sketches, taking notes, sending emails, shooting videos, streaming content, making video calls, playing games, etc. Even though the iPad Air has an aluminum body, it has a premium feel that every Apple product user craves.
The iPad Air on its own is a cool tablet with powerful features. However, the comparison is inevitable since it’s close to the price point of the iPad Pro. The iPad Pro costs $799, which means that there is a $200 price difference. However, the iPad Pro has a bigger screen, and the basic model comes with 128GB of storage. If you intend to use the iPad Air for a long time, you may run out of storage space because it has only 64GB of storage. Purchasing additional storage will set you back by $150, which means you would be spending close to $750 for an iPad Air with better storage. By paying a bit more, you can purchase the iPad Pro itself.
The iPad Air is suitable for purchase if you want a powerful, portable tablet. However, the iPad Pro is better if you want a tablet to replace your bulkier 13″ laptop for working more productively and playing hardcore games.