Hello again, everybody! It’s Tuesday in Dallas-Hiram and I’m back in your inbox to get you caught up on the most important things happening in the community today. Here’s the lowdown…
First, today’s weather:
A t-storm around in the pm. High: 95 Low: 75.
Here are the top five stories in Dallas-Hiram today:
- A Hiram man has died after crashing into a FedEx truck on CH James Parkway in Austell on Friday. According to Austell police, 26-year-old Jeffery B. Amofa was traveling west when his vehicle crossed into the center turn lane, entering paths with an eastbound FedEx truck. Amofa collided with the truck and was pronounced dead on the scene; the FedEx truck driver, 35-year-old Dwight M. Lane Jr. of Snellville, was not injured. (FOX 5 Atlanta)
- The average price of gas in Paulding County is currently $4.47 per gallon, officially the second-lowest in Georgia. Average gas prices across the state have increased by 21 cents since last week — and up by $1.57 from this time last year. If you’re looking to reduce your spend at the tank, visit Patch for tips on saving both money and gas. (Patch)
- Looking for some family fun this weekend? Don’t miss Family Movie Night, happening this Saturday, Jun. 18 at Veterans Park in Dallas. Bring your lawn chairs and blankets to enjoy the free outdoor movie, starting at sundown. Limited concessions will be available. (Paulding County Georgia)
- The Atlanta Braves have announced additional stops for the World Champions Trophy Tour — including here in Dallas. The team will head to Truist Bank in Dallas on Friday, Jun. 17 starting at noon, with additional stops throughout Georgia through the summer. Fans who attend the tour will have the opportunity to take photos with the trophy, as well as to enjoy Braves programming. (Valdosta Daily Times)
- Looking for work in the Dallas-Hiram area? Start your search with the latest local job listings, collected by Patch and ZipRecruiter. View the comprehensive list of full-time and part-time opportunities, including some remote work options, at the link. (Dallas-Hiram Patch)
Today in Dallas-Hiram:
- Story Time (Ages 3+) At Hiram – Maude P. Ragsdale Public Library (11:30 AM)
- Taxes In Retirement Seminar At Chattahoochee Technical College (6:00 PM)
- Parks & Rec Trivia At Bucking Goat Brewing Company (7:30 PM)
From my notebook:
- “Deputy Hero” got a chance to hang out with some local Paulding County children last week at the Super Hero Campwhich was held at Taylor Farm Park and hosted by Paulding County Parks and Recreation, The County Sheriff’s office shared some fun photos of Deputy Hero with the kids! (Paulding County Sheriff’s Office via Facebook)
- Libby is coming to the West Georgia Regional Library System starting Jul. 1 and your local libraries are getting excited! Libby has over 20,000 titles in e-book and e-audiobook formats, so there’s something on it for everyone. Stay tuned for updates. (New Georgia Public Library via Facebook)
- Can’t make today’s Taxes in Retirement seminar at Chattahoochee Technical College? There will be another session on Thursday, Jun. 16 at 6:00 pm! Get the details and registration link on Patch. (Dallas-Hiram Patch)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
That’s it for today. See you all tomorrow morning for another update!
, Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist, and marketing director for various digital media companies. He currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.