Welcome you at “Android Application Development Tutorials” of ‘onlyloudest.com’. In this tutorial we will learn to Download Android Studio and Environment variable setting for JAVA. In last and first tutorial we have take a look of Android Operating system, versions and required software for developing an android application and also some programming language requirement. I have given you some home work to complete. If you have completed then well and good, Otherwise here I am going to describe
- How to Download Android Studio or ADT with Eclipse?
- Environment variables setting for JAVA
Download Android Studio or ADT with eclipse
You can choose one development tool to develop android Application either you choose to Download Android Studio or choose ADT with eclipse.
- To Download Android Studio: To download android studio you have to visit the official page of the android developer.
follow the steps to download android studio
- Go to http://developer.android.com
- Click on Develop >> Tools
- After that you will get the option to download Android Studio.
- Here is Direct link to download Android Studio
- Download ADT with Eclipse: If you want to start Android Application development with ADT, then firstly you have to download eclipse.
- Go to http://eclipse.org/downloads/ and download eclipse 3.7.2 (Indigo) or greater.
- Go to downloaded Folder and open eclipse.exe
- Click on Help >> Install New Software
- Click on “ADD”
- Now write name, and paste the following URL in URL field
Click next, and select Android Development Tools then again click on next, after it Your ADT will be downloaded.
If due to some reason and problem you are not able to download ADT, then you can Download Directly from : https://dl.google.com/android/ADT-23.0.6.zip, from this link Download ADT-23.0.6.zip, but remembers do not unpack the zip file.
- Start Eclipse, and then select Help > Install New Software.
- Click Add, in the top-right corner.
- In the Add Repository dialog, click Archive.
- Select the downloaded ADT-23.0.6.zip file and click OK.
- Enter “ADT Plugin” for the name and click OK.
- In the Available Software dialog, select the check box next to Developer Tools and click next.
- In the next window, you’ll see a list of the tools to be downloaded. Click Next.
- Read and accept the license agreements, then click Finish.
- If you get a security warning saying that the authenticity or validity of the software can’t be established, click OK.
- When the installation completes, restart
Setting Up Android Development Kit
After Download Android Studio or ADT you need to Setting up Development kit, to set up Android Development kit we will follow following two steps
- Download JDK (Java Development KIT)
- Environment variables setting for JAVA
How to download Java Development kit(JDK)
As earlier we discussed that for android application development a computer system must need of a Java environment. Because android coding is done in Java language so it’s need Java Environment. But here is one more question is rise that in last and first tutorial we learn that we have to download JRE but here I am saying you to download JDK, why? Ok let me define you clearly. First if you go with JRE then do not think that there will be any error it is also well and good. Especially the concept of JDK in android development comes when we are going to develop an android application for Android 5.0 or higher versions.
Note: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is most needed for the Android Application Development without JRE that will not run. But JRE is not sufficient when you are going o develop an application for Android 5.0 and higher, so it is recommended to Download Java Development Kit (JDK) version 7.
Must Remember: If you have completed download android studio of 32 bit. Then download JDK or JRE of 32 bit also. I mean to the bit of both should be match.
Step to Download Java Development kit (JDK)
- Go to Oracle JDK7 downloads or go to Google and search JDK 7 downloads.
- Check the Radio button of Accept License Agreement
- Choose your operating system and bit below from the list and select on that
E.g. for Windows 32 bit operating system click on
And for 64 bit click on Windows x64
- Now download will be start. After Complete download Install it.
How to check Java Development kit is successfully installed?
After downloading JAVA development Kit, You have installed it on your computer system. But how it will confirm that JDK is installed successfully on system or not? Do not worry I am telling you to check Installation of JDK
>> Run Command Prompt as Administration
>>Type the Command
>>If on screen you are getting results like in given screenshots that mean JDK is successfully installed.
Environment variables setting for JAVA
Now you have to set up the environment variables. Be careful during setting up environment variable most of the people mistakes during setting up environment variables.
First let me clear about the Windows folder
In C drive Program Files is for 64bit software and Program Files x86 for 32 bit software.
Follow the given steps to set up the environment variables
- Go to home screen on your computer system. Right click on “My computer” or “Desktop”
- Click on Properties
- In left side, click on Advanced systems settings
- Click Environment variables
- Now click on New
Now a screen will appear with Title “New variables name”
Fill Variable name: Path
Variable Value: For getting the value of variable go to C:\Program Files\Java\ then click on jdk folder then bin folder. Right click on any files and get the location of those files by clicking on properties. You will get something like this C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_25\bin
Now paste the location in variable value. Now it is done.
Home works on “Download Android Studio and Environment Variables setting for JAVA”
Yes. Now it’s time to give you some home work to you. Do not take it as burden. Take it as enjoy full thing. By this you will learn many things. So here is some home works related to Download Android Studio and Environment variables setting for java
- Download Android Studio
- Download and Install JDK
- Complete Environment variable setting for java
Tutor Words on Android Application Development Tutorials
Well, you are on “Android Application Development Tutorials” of onlyloudest.com and I guided you on “Download Android studio and environment variable setting for Java”. It is my pleasure that I have chance and opportunities to guide you. One thing I want to tell you that I am not perfect, I am also learner and I will try to guide you as much as I can. If you have any complaint, suggestion, question, problem then type below in comment section. I will get in touch with you with appropriate solution.