The Apex Legends Season 13 mid-season update is almost upon us and is set to bring a variety of changes to the battle royale. Here are the patch notes for the Apex Legends 13.1 update, including the release date, Lifeline Town Takeover, and more.
Apex Legends will be getting a fresh new update for the mid-season point of Saviors: Season 13. Update 13.1 is set to bring some new content and various changes to the game, including buffs and nerfs for Legends and the Awakening Collection Event.
For those interested in what to expect for the Apex Legends 13.1 update, here are the full patch notes.
When is the Apex Legends 13.1 update?
The Apex Legends 13.1 patch update is set to be released on June 21, 2022, at around 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 6 PM BST.
Respawn confirmed this date with their recent blog on the Awakening Collection Event, which will bring Valkyrie’s Heirloom to the game.
Apex Legends 13.1 update patch notes
The Apex Legends 13.1 update will bring a new Town Takeover to Olympus for Lifeline called “Lifeline’s Clinic.” This new POI is “a new place to heal up and chill out. This new state-of-the-art building is nestled between Gardens and Grow Towers, in the northeast corner of Olympus.”
In the center of the Clinic’s main floor stands the Med-bay. With it, legends can take advantage of the most refined automated healing system in the Outlands. Whenever injured legends are standing on the platform, a heal tether will activate and attach to them. If the Med-bay is charged, they will get continuous healing. Additionally, the Med-bay’s holo-displays will indicate if someone is healing, or if the Med-bay is recharging.
Apex Legends 13.1 balance changes
Like any major update, the Apex Legends 13.1 patch will bring some buffs and nerfs for Legends and various other balance changes:
- R-301 and Rampage removed from crafting and added back to floor loot.
- Wingman and CAR SMG added to the crafting and removed from floor loot.
Out of Bounds
- Weapons and Abilities will now only stow in an OOB trigger when the player is on the ground (OOB timer will still tick up).
- Optic on Gold version defaults to the 3x Ranger.
- Can now use decoys from Valk Skydive Re-Deploy.
- Combat Revive
- Moved revive cancel option from Lifeline to the player that’s getting revived.
- D.O.C. Heal Drone
- Healing pool increased from 150 to infinite (still lasts 20s).
- Doubled the healing radius.
- Care Package
- Cooldown reduced from 5 minutes to 3.5 minutes.
- The weapon attachment panel now comes with a Shield Battery instead of two Shield Cells.
- No blue beam on initial drop (will still show up after the Care Package lands).
These Lifeline buffs are set to make positive changes to all parts of her kit, but mostly to her healing drone.
IMC Armory updates
- Fixed an exploit allowing players to throw grenades or use an Ash ult to enter through a hole in the collision mesh of the Armories roof (Hotfix).
- Fixed an issue where you would become unable to mantle after using the teleporter under the Armory (Hotfix).
- Prevented Tridents from landing on top of Armories.
- Removed Gold Loot Roller reward at Wave 8.
- Decreased chances of hop-ups spawning through the Smart Loot system. Base hop-up spawn rate is now 50% with Gold hop-ups further reduced to 20%.
- Smart Loot is no longer generated for teammates outside the Armory.
This split’s reset is softer
- 13.1 Split Reset: 6 → 4 divisions
Lower entry cost
- -10 RP across all divisions and tiers.
Diminishing Kill Values:
More RP for high elimination counts
Currently the first three eliminations are worth about 100%. The subsequent three are worth about 80%, and anything after that is worth about 20%. We are changing it so each squad is worth about 20% less, while maintaining a minimum of 20%. This will give winning teams with high eliminations about 40 to 60 more RP.
A brand-new Collection is arriving for the 13.1 Apex Legends update. This Collection Event is called Awakening, and it features a Kaiju theme.
There are 24 cosmetics up for grabs and Valkyrie’s Heirloom for those who complete the collection.
For more details, make sure you check out our full guide on the Apex Legends Awakening Collection Event.
Apex Legends 13.1 update brings Control back
The fan-favorite LTM Control returns in the 13.1 patch with some major changes. Not only will the mode now be played on World’s Edge, but there are many quality of life updates listed in the blog.
Check out our piece on the Control changes for more information, for now, here are the full patch notes:
- Turned the match Time Limit back on, and have new logic for determining when the match should end which should fix the issue where matches were ending early
- Give players a full ult on respawn if they had one when they died
- Tuned down the Ratings given when you spawn on homebase from 75 percent to 50 percent to the next tier.
- Fixed issue where players on the end of match podium would be in random positions instead of grouped together in their squads.
- Decrease Spawn wave times…
- Max Deathscreen time old: 20 secs new: 15 secs.
- Spawn Wave Max Time Old: 12 secs New: 10 secs.
- First Wave Spawn Max Time Old: 20 secs New: 15 secs.
- Turned off enemy highlights and enemy vehicle highlights.
- Force players to drain neutral point capture progress before starting to gain capture progress for their own team; if capture progress was made on a neutral point by the enemy team.
- Increase capture rate on Objectives based on the number of players capturing
- 1 = x1
- 2 = x1.5
- 3 = x2
- 4 = x2.25
- 5 = x2.5
- 6 = x2.75
- 7 = x3
- 8 = x3
- 9 = x3
- Moved the turbo charger for the Havoc back to Purple Tier.
- Allow players to equip 3x Scopes on LMG’s and Assault Weapons in the Loadout Selection Menu.
- Allow players to equip 4x-8x Scopes on Snipers in the Loadout Selection Menu.
- Merged the Marksman and Sniper Loadouts into a single Long-Range Loadout, Added a Specialist Loadout Category to give players more Med-Close Range options.
- Updates to Spawning Logic to try to prevent players from spawning near enemies.
- Players now gain Ratings for team actions like Zone Neutralization or Capture even if they participated in the action and got personal Ratings out of it as well ( previously the player would get one or the other ).
- Players will no longer get the Playing With Squad Ratings bonus for Ratings gained from Lockout being broken, and Bonus Capture Timed Event being completed.
- Removed the Squad Wipe Ratings Bonus when killing an enemy.
- Added a HUD message when Lockout is no longer available in the match ( displays again if Lockout conditions are met when Lockout is not available).
- Control: Moved the scoreboard to the inventory as the first tab. Changed the scoreboard button to be the same button as the inventory on the respawn screen.
- Arenas: Moved the scoreboard to the second tab in the inventory and added new tracked player information( assists, and crafting materials), and round wins for the team.
- Scoreboard added as a tab while spectating in Arenas
- Scoreboard added as a tab at the end of the game for both Arenas and Control
- Updated the art and position of the shields regening UI on the HUD to sit above the players unitframe
Game bug fixes
The update will also bring the following game bug fixes:
- Crypto can now scan Survey Beacons with his Drone while riding the Trident.
- Fixed bug for cases where Newcastle could get stuck in the air for a few seconds when using his Ultimate while ensnared by Ash’s tactical.
- Fix for Newcastle bug where players are able to fill Revive Shield instantly by throwing a Knockdown Shield and picking it back up.
- Fix for Newcastle bug where players are unable to reload while the “Destroy Wall” prompt is onscreen.
- Fix for Newcastle bug where using his Ultimate would deploy longer than intended.
- Fix for cases where Legends [Newcastle / Seer] could get inside locked Vaults by placing a Totem on Mobile Shield.
- Fixed bug where Wraith was able to create a portal while in Revenant Ultimate and have the portal appear next to the totem after being sent back
- Add soundFX for Newcastle when he enters a Trident.
- Fix UI bug where Legend info would not display in the Firing Range.
- IMC Armory fix for situations where players could camp and block spots not intended to be with Wraith Portals and Tridents.
- [PS5] – Fix for bug where a player’s friends list does not properly update after putting the console in rest mode.
- Fix for cases where some larger Legends were sometimes unable to enter Containers on Storm Point when approaching them rapidly at an angle.
- Fix for Rampage/Sentinel for cases where the charging animation would show but they won’t charge when aiming down sites.
- Fix for cases where Bloodhound and Seer scans would persist after the user leaves the game.
- [Caustic] – Fix for bug where players could still see the enemy’s red highlight while they are in or behind the gas they deployed.
- Blood splatter VFX no longer appears when Ash gets shot.
- Fix cases where Amped Up” UI persists after Seer uses Heart Seeker passive.
- [Control Mode] – Fixed bug for when the enemy team will continue a capture point’s progress without needing to flip or undo the other team’s progress.
- [Control Mode] – Fix for UI bug where the Abandoned Game Penalty is actually longer than the display warns.
- [Control Mode] – Fixed bug where picking up a weapon in Control always shows a full mag.
- Fix for cases where players appear to keep their thermite grenade after equipping it while using it on an explosive hold.
- [PS4 Pro / Xbox One X] – Fixes to improve frame rate issues during gameplay on some areas on Olympus.
- [PS4] – Fix to improve performance issues on grassy areas on Olympus.
That’s all for the Apex Legends 13.1 patch, for more, check out mobile Snow Grenade which has PC and console players jealous.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment