Sometime today, Xiaomi is expected to officially unveil the next iteration of its NFC enabled Smart Band, the Smart Band 7 NFC (see how that works?). A leaked picture of the wearable’s box helps to fill in the blanks when it comes to specs. For example, thanks to the image of the box, we know that the Smart Band 7 will sport a 180mAh battery. That is a nice-sized 44% increase in battery capacity over last year’s model.
- An AMOLED display that is 3.85% larger than last year’s screen at 1.62-inches.
- Over 100 sports modes.
- Sp02 monitor that reads your blood oxygen saturation levels to make sure that you have the proper amount of oxygen in your blood.
- Waterproofing to 50 meters (164 feet).
- Professional Sleep Tracking.
- Xiao AI voice assistant
- Multifunctional NFC
- 180mAh battery
- Support system: Android 6.0 or iOS 10.0 and above.
The box doesn’t show some rumored specs for the Smart Band 7 such as support for more than 100 watch faces and GPS.
Leaked photo of the rear of the box for the Xiaomi Smart Band 7 NFC
For example, during the fourth quarter of 2021, Apple shipped nearly 60 million Apple Watch units with Xiaomi a distant second. The latter outfit delivered 14.6 million Smart Band 6 devices during the quarter.
With the NFC support, the wearable band can help make mobile payments straight from the user’s wrist for compatible retail stores.
Front of the box for the Xiaomi Smart Band 7 NFC