VALORANT Pearl Map: New map set to replace Split from Competitive roster, Riot Games announces – With the announcement of Episode 5, Act 1 in VALORANT, Riot Games has revealed a brand new map, Pearl. With the release of the Pearl map, VALORANT currently has a total of 8 maps in the game. After working with the esports teams, surveying players, and talking to professional organizations, Riot Games has decided to keep a 7 map pool and will be rotating Split out for now. Let’s check out more details on it. For future updates on VALORANT follow InsideSport.IN
— VALORANT (@PlayVALORANT) June 20, 2022
PEARL Map Update overview-
- NEW MAP: Pearl goes live!
- Pearl-only queue
- This queue is a standard, Unrated mode that will give players a chance to practice the new map before they see it in Competitive play.
- Pearl-only queue will be available for 2 weeks, then after that Pearl will enter Competitive.
Also Read: VALORANT Xbox Game Pass: Game Pass users will unlock all 18 agents
VALORANT Pearl Map: New map set to replace Split from Competitive roster, Riot Games announces
Pearl map is replacing Split from Competitive roster-
- Split will exit the map pool in Competitive and Unrated queues, starting with Patch 5.0 (June 22)—no date set for its return
- Temporary 6-map pool until Pearl enters the Competitive queue on July 12 (Patch 5.01)
- Split will exit the map rotation at esports events after the LCQ’s in August
- Available in Spike Rush, custom games, and other game modes
- Devs believe it’s a good balance of variety and mastery for new and returning players
Similarities to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive map Inferno
With the trailer launch of Pearl Map, VALORANT fans have noticed some similarities to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive map Inferno. The ancient architecture of the Pearl map caught the attention of those who dabbled in CSGO. Pearl map looks like a cleaner, happier version of CS: GO’s Inferno map.
Valorant pearl map really looks like csgo inferno and it’s fucking ridiculous as agents have mobility
— Keb🤡 (@kevinethankicks) June 18, 2022
After playing the new valorant map pearl, I really like it
It reminds me of a CSGO map kinda like inferno 🥺
— gigi (@_gigibtw) June 18, 2022
It will be so interesting to see how VALORANT agents and their abilities play out on the brand new Pearl map. The map has a lot of tight corners, agents with blinding and other abilities will be very effective on this map.
Read More- VALORANT Patch 4.11 Update: Riot Games brings Clutch Mute key bind option to mass mute your teammates