Since opening up for pre-registrations in March, Apex Legends Mobile has achieved millions of playing signing up to be notified of the game’s release and so EA has announced a couple of new rewards. If Apex Legends Mobile hits 15 million pre-registrants a new holospray will be unlocked, with a Pathfinder’s Sunfire Initiate skin being unlocked if numbers reach 25 million.
Updated May 17th: EA’s Apex Legends Mobile is now available to download from the Play Store (as well as on Apple’s App Store) for free* with Season 1: Prime Time live with the game’s first legend called ‘Fade’. Fade is a hi-tech super-soldier that can harness powerful phase-shifting technology which lets him reset himself to previous points in an encounter for enhanced offensive and defensive play.
At launch, Apex Legends Mobile features the following maps and modes:
- Battle Royale on the World’s Edge map
- 3v3 Arena mode on Thermal Station, Artillery, and Overflow
- An all-new, mobile-first Team Deathmatch mode on Deathmatch and Clash rules across five maps – Market, Artillery, Overflow, Thermal Station, and last but not least, Skull Town
Whilst Apex Legends Mobile is indeed free to download and install, there are In-App-Purchases (IAPs) present which means if you are letting someone use your device to play the game, you really should ensure that transactions need your biometric permission to proceed in order to avoid surprisingly expensive bills.
You can download Apex Legends Mobile for your device via the links below:
Updated May 12th: EA has finally announced that Apex Legends Mobile will launch globally on May 17th which means you still have time to pre-register your interest in order to get your hands on the pre-launch freebies that include Epic Skins, Poses, Badges, and more.
EA also fleshed out the description of the game features ahead of the global launch and this is what you can look forward to when playing Apex Legends Mobile:
Strategic Gameplay with Iconic Legends
– Strategic squad play and Battle Royale is the core of our DNA!
– Equip an arsenal of exotic weaponry, equipment, and tactical abilities
– Find the SMG, Assault Rifle, LMG, or Shotgun, to fit your playstyle!
– Fast-paced strategic choices are essential in the Apex Legends arena
– Choose from a cast of beloved Legends as well as exclusive characters to the mobile version of the game
– Master each character with unique abilities and personalities to find a Legend that fits an array of playstyles
Team-based Multiplayer Hero Shooter
– Squad up with two other players in competitive PvP team games
– Create legendary squads by combining each teammate’s unique skillset
– Multiplayer squad play with strategic combinations and evolving tactics
– Dominate the battlefield! Join forces with friends and players alike in epic battle royale games
– Fast-paced innovative PvP FPS & TPS hero shooter combat gameplay
– Fluid movement and gunplay
– Exhilarating action that amplifies the mobile battle royale fun
– Rooted in an Immersive and Ever-Evolving Apex Legends Universe
– Unpredictable conditions and challenges
– New Legends are continuously introduced to test players’ skills
Mobile First Adaptations & Innovations
– A standalone Apex Legends title on mobile
– Optimized UI and controls custom-built for mobile devices
– Unique mobile-only content and gameplay modes
– New Legends, maps, gameplay, modes, progression, and live events
You can pre-register for Apex Legends Mobile on Android and iOS via the links below.
The two new rewards are awarded on top of the previously announced freebies that pre-registrants have received:
- Pre-Registered Badge – 500,000
- Fateful Games – Banner Frame – 1,000,000
- On Target – Banner Pose – 2,500,000
- Teeth Cutter – Epic R99 Skin – 5,000,000
- Molten Earth – Epic Skin – 10,000,000
It’s hardly the stuff of T-Mobile Tuesdays, but a freebie is a freebie and if you are going to sign up to play Apex Legends Mobile anyway then you may as well do it now and get the ‘rewards’. The team-based multiplayer shooter will let players ‘squad up’ with two other players in PvP team games and you can join forces with friends in battle royale games too.