STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — Festivities on Forest Avenue are on their way for 2022 with announcements of parade day and soon-to-be-sashed Staten Islanders.
Here are some important dates and details regarding the upcoming parade as per the organizers.
- Parade Day is Sunday, March 6.
- The procession begins at Hart Boulevard and ends at Jewett Avenue.
- The 57th annual Hibernian Ball will be held on Saturday, Feb. 19, at The Staaten.
- Bridget Mulvey is Miss Hibernia 2022 and will be introduced and crowned at the Ball.
- The grand marshal for 2022 is Kathleen Gorman. She is described by fellow Hibernians as “a hard working member of the parade committee and Irish fair over the years.” They also consider her to be the go-to person for Irish history.
- Mrs. Gorman’s honored aides will be Michael Manning, George Gillis, Sister Mary Kenneth Finnerty and Kathleen Postler.
- Noreen Hansen will be honored as the 2022 Richmond County Aide to the New York City St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Fifth Avenue.
- The big raffle: The 300 Club ticket sales benefit the 2022 St. Patrick’s Parade on Forest Avenue. The raffle has multiple cash prizes of $10,000, $2,500, $1,000 and $300 (five winners) and will be drawn on parade day, March 6, before the parade begins. The 300 Club tickets are available from all AOH and LAOH Division presidents, and at the office of Dr. Craig Campbell, 827 Forest Ave., during weekday business hours.
- The Journal: The Hibernians sell ads for its publication to raise funds for the parade. The deadline is Feb. 1. Make all checks payable to Richmond County AOH and mail to Marty Crimmins, 55 Knesel St., Staten Island, NY 10309. To place an ad, contact Crimmins via email at [email protected] or call 718-356-7258.
There are more than 50 eating and drinking spots in the heart of West Brighton along the parade route that thrive from the event. Newest eateries in the area include Angry Lobster Roll, Renato’s Trattoria and Bakery and a freshly reopened On Your Mark Chocolate Shop.
Pamela Silvestri is Advance Food Editor. She can be reached at [email protected].