Apex Legends Season 12 is set to launch very soon and we have all of the details on every change the update will bring to the game.
With every new season of Apex Legends, players expect a heap of changes to come and bring some excitement to the game.
Apex Legends Season 12 is almost here, and as it is launching soon we thought it would be a great idea to detail all the changes coming in the new update that we know about.
Here are the patch notes for Season 12, including every buff and nerf for both weapons and Legends.
Apex Legends Season 12 patch notes
New Legend – Mad Maggie
Mad Maggie will be an Offensive classed Legend with a kit that is built for being fiery and aggressive.
If you’re interested in Mad Maggie’s abilities and lore, make sure you check out our piece on who is Mad Maggie?
- Added gamestate (e.g. Ring information, round timers), minimap, killfeed, team status, and ping information to the Drone’s HUD.
- Repurposed the Drone HUD’s old Crypto health/shield presentation into displaying the health of the Drone itself.
- Survey Beacon markers are now displayed in-world while piloting the Drone (same as when controlling Crypto himself).
- Neurolink changes:
- Increased the Neurolink detection FOV from 160 -> 240 degrees.
- Neurolink detection is now disabled while the Drone is being recalled.
- Survailance Drone changes:
- The deployment of the Drone has received a rework:
- Pressing the Tactical button causes Crypto to send the Drone flying in a straight line in the direction of Crypto’s view for a few seconds.
- If thrown to a wall (or other geo), the Drone will hit the wall and re-orient itself so that it’s facing away from the wall.
- Crypto no longer immediately accesses Drone View after deploying his Drone in this way.
- Pressing and holding the [Tactical] button will launch the Drone forward in the same way, but then Crypto will immediately access Drone View.
- Reduced Drone health from 60 -> 50.
- The HUD marker for the Drone has been tweaked to increase visibility.
- The HUD marker for the Drone is now always displayed on-screen while the Drone is deployed (instead of only when the Drone was off-screen.
- Nox Gas Traps are now destroyable after detonation.
- Detonated traps will expire at 11s (instead of 12.5s)
- Gas effects linger for two seconds after barrel destruction or expiration (gas particles still linger a bit longer as they dissipate)
- Flatline & Longbow
- Starting in Season 12, these weapons will no longer be available in ground loot, but will have to be replicated by players instead.
- Further, the Flatline’s damage has been reduced from 19 to 18 per bullet.
- Triple Take
- Removing projectile growth from bullets.
- Damage reduced from 23 to 21 per bullet.
- Fully Kitted Rotation
- Added: RE-45, Triple Take, Peacekeeper, Prowler, Havoc.
- Removed: Mastiff, 30-30 Repeater, R-301, CAR, Longbow.
Care Package weapons
Starting from Season 12, the Volt will replace the Alternator in the Care Package. This is the only change happening when it comes to Care Package weapons, meaning the Spitfire, Kraber, and G7 Scout will all remain in the Care Package.
Season 12 Hop-Ups
Season 12 will introduce a brand new Hop-Up called “Kinetic Feder,” which is available for the Peacekeeper and Triple Take. This Hop-Up will reload rounds and reduce charge time while sliding.
Further, we will also see the return of Hammerpoint rounds for the P2020, Mozambique, and now for the first time, the RE-45.
Season 12 will also be bringing some changes to the beloved Olympus map. Since arriving in Season 7, Olympus hasn’t seen many significant changes.
The EA blog on Sabotaged Olympus exposed all the changes coming to the map, which span from minor tweaks to massive new POIs and spaces.
- Phase Driver
- There will be a new POI called Phase Driver, as well as various other changes across Olympus. Most of the changes taking place will be around Bonsai Plaza and Hammond Labs.
- Terminal is also a new POI that will act as a “new central routing area for the map,” as it runs within the centre of the Phase Runner tube that spans across the map.
New LTM “Control”
Players will finally be getting a brand new LTM in Season 12 called “Control.” This LTM will see teams of nine players battle it out to take control of three objective points on either Hammond Labs or Barometer.
Players will team up as three sets of three against each other in a battle for points. Owning objectives will earn team points, much like Call of Duty’s Domination game mode. The team that reaches the point limit wins.
The mode features unlimited respawns and objective-based spawning like Battlefield. Players will queue up as three individual squads, which means there is a chance that teams will have multiple of the same Legends.
This mode will be available for the first three weeks of Season 12, but many believe the mode will eventually become permanent, using the three weeks as a playtest. If you want a more in-depth look at Control, check out our guide on how to play the new LTM.
That’s all for the changes coming in Apex Legends Season 12. For now, be sure to check out the most popular Legends in the current season.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment