Have you ever seen the backside of water? Do you know what the “E” in Walter E. Disney stands for? Do you get excited about Imagineering’s latest technology, new attractions at EPCOT, the return of character hugs in the parks, and new flavors of Dole Whip?
You do? And do you also have a love for writing?
If you answered yes to all these questions, and if these questions leave you thinking about everything else in the Disney universe that brings you joy, we’d really like to meet you! DisneyDining.com has been bringing Disney news, tips for planning Disney trips, and everything in between for more than a decade now. We’re growing, and you might just be the full-time Disney-loving writer we’re looking for!
Our ideal candidate will have a positive, fun, and creative approach to storytelling as it relates to Disney Parks news and events, Walt Disney Company news, individual stories of experiences in the parks, and more. At DisneyDining, we are a fun and vibrant team of writers who love what we do and with whom we share it. We think it’s time to add another dynamic Disney writer to our team. But you’ll have to love Disney, love writing, and love being a vital member of a team that works together and encourages each other to be our very best at what we do every day.
You could be that ideal candidate if you:
- Love Disney Parks (Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and beyond)
- Have an interest in Disney Parks, Experiences and Products news.
- Enjoy taking a critical eye to trends and what people want to see
- Are willing to seek out new leads and writing opportunities, sharpen your investive reporting skills, and get creative and think outside the box.
- Are professional and thorough in your investigating, your reporting, and your writing.
- Are looking for a paid writing position in the Disney entertainment field.
- BONUS: Local to Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida with the ability to attend Media Events.
- Love of writing
- Exceptional written communication skills, including excellent skills in spelling, grammar, mechanics and usage
- Previous writing experience (with samples available) that demonstrates you have a knowledge of the Disney community and a proficiency in writing
- An eye for engaging topics and content: almost an uncanny ability for knowing what our readers want to see
- Ability to choose captivating topics for articles and frame them in an enticing way
- Ability to meet deadlines, including writing news articles quickly and efficiently in a breaking news setting
- Ability to write 25+ thorough, well-developed articles each week.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Already keeping up with the latest entertainment and theme park news, being a fan yourself
- WordPress (or other CMS) experience
- SEO knowledge and experience are definitely a plus!
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Writing at least 25 articles per week, every week. Articles are typically 300-600 words in length.
- Writing 30-40 hours per week, including Saturdays.
- Keeping up with the latest Disney Parks and news and writing based on the demands of the news cycle.
Pay negotiable based on experience + bonus opportunities.
If this sounds like the Disney writing position you’ve been dreaming of, have a little faith, trust, and pixie dust and please email us at [email protected] But first, browse around our site and get a feel for what we do at DisneyDining. When you email us, please be sure to include information about yourself and why you are a good fit for the role, your resume, and three article pitches (a 1-5 sentence description of the pitch along with engaging headlines for each) pertaining to current Disney Parks happenings and news that we would publish at DisneyDining.
In terms of the pitches, get creative! The sky’s the limit! We love outside-the-box thinkers at DisneyDining, and we want to see how you can create your own unique angle that catches the reader’s eye and keeps bringing them back for more!
We look forward to talking to you!