- With Amazon Hub Lockers, you can retrieve secure deliveries using an unlock code Amazon sends via email.
- If your apartment has Amazon Hub Apartment Lockers, you can get deliveries securely delivered to a locker in your building lobby.
- To get started using Apartment Lockers, you’ll need to register with your property manager.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
It’s not always safe or convenient to get packages dropped at your doorstep, so Amazon offers a convenient alternative. The retailer’s Amazon Hub Lockers give you a secure place to have packages dropped off, and you can claim your delivery by unlocking the locker with a custom code Amazon sends you.
Amazon Hub Apartment Lockers vs. Amazon Hub Lockers
Amazon operates two similar networks of secure storage lockers for deliveries, both referred to as Amazon Hub. Amazon Hub Lockers are the more common of the two, and can be found around town in a variety of locations like shipping centers, malls, and retail stores.
Amazon Hub Apartment Lockers, on the other hand, are found only in apartment buildings. These lockers are installed in partnership with the apartment complex’s property management to give residents a secure place for package deliveries that’s available for pickup 24/7 without adding any additional workload for the apartment’s staff.
In addition, Amazon Hub Apartment Lockers can be used for all deliveries, regardless of shipper — they’re not restricted to Amazon deliveries. That makes them especially convenient for apartment residents.
How to set up Amazon Hub and select a location
You can set up a Hub Locker with either of the following methods:
- Scan the QR code at a Hub Locker.
- Go to amazon.com/findalocker and search by address, zip code, or landmark. You can also select Or find an Amazon pickup location near you. When you’ve decided on a location, click Add Address.
Once the location is in your Amazon address book, you can select it as your shipping address by selecting Ship to this address during checkout if it meets the eligibility requirements.
Unlike a standard Amazon Hub Locker, which you need to set up in your Amazon account as a delivery location, Amazon Hub Apartment Lockers are connected to your home address, so you don’t need to do anything special when placing an order — just specify your home address and the package will be delivered to an Apartment Locker in your building.
Before you can start receiving packages there, though, you need to register for an Amazon Hub Apartment Locker in your residential building. If your apartment complex has one, this is very straightforward: Just contact your building’s property manager and request access to the Amazon Hub Apartment Locker. Once you are registered, you can order from Amazon as usual and receive the packages in a locker.
How to use Amazon Hub and pick up an order
1. When you place an Amazon order, you will receive an email confirmation as usual, though it will also indicate that your package will be delivered to the locker.
2. When the package is delivered, you will get another email with a pickup code that unlocks the locker and instructions on how to find it.
3. Go to the lockers and enter the code you received in the central kiosk.
4. The locker will open. Retrieve your package.
Amazon Hub requirements
Not all deliveries can be stored in an Amazon Hub Apartment Locker. Packages need to:
- Contain no hazardous materials.
- Weigh less than 10 pounds.
- Measure 16 x 12 x 14 inches or smaller.
- Be valued at less than $5,000