For gamers that want to infiltrate Fontana Fort and get El Florecer in Far Cry 6, there are two different methods available.
- Flying/Wingsuit into Fort Fontana
- Jumping into Fort Fontana
In Far Cry 6, there are certain areas of the map that can be entered but are linked to the Operations Missions. Far Cry 6 is programmed in a way that doesn’t let players easily explore locations they have no business being in yet. Unfortunately, some of these landmarks have Anti-Aircraft Cannons, which have containers of 50 Depleted Uranium. A few landmarks will be impossible to enter until the time is right, but some are easier to break into than others.
At the south of Yara in the El Este region is a small island known as Fontana Fort. If Dani decides to visit El Este first, then they’ll eventually have an Operation that requires breaking into Fontana Fort and killing Admiral Benitez. If players want to get in earlier, then Fontana Fort will have an Anti-Aircraft Cannon that will shoot down anyone who tries to fly in. Despite this, there are a few ways Dani can break into Fontana Fort without drawing attention from FND soldados. This is the only way to get the El Florecer pistol early.
Flying/Wingsuit into Fort Fontana
This is a risky way of getting into Fort Fontana, but it can be done and might be a lot easier for some gamers. Take a helicopter or a plane from one of the FND Bases near Fort Fontana, and fly towards Fort Fontana’s east. Because of the Anti-Aircraft Cannon, getting too close while airborne will cause a warning to appear on the screen.
If Dani stays a certain height from the ground, the warning will not trigger, and they can fly without getting shot down. However, getting into Fort Fontana means being in the air high enough to jump/parachute in.
- Fly towards Fort Fontana’s east side so that Dani can land in an area of Fort Fontana where there aren’t any enemies.
- Have the helicopter/plane be high enough, but not too high so that it doesn’t trigger the helicopter’s restart, and so that Dani can use the wingsuit/parachute quickly.
- When the “RESTRICTED AIRSPACE! LEAVE OR BE SHOT DOWN.” warning appears, exit the helicopter and deploy the wingsuit.
- Dive toward the fort quickly and parachute so that Dani doesn’t crash-land.
Jumping into Fort Fontana
The safer method of getting into Fort Fontana is by circling around the perimeter of the fort itself. This involves literally jumping into Fort Fontana by climbing the right wall.
- On the map, look for the Depleted Uranium symbol and hug the right side of the fort wall.
- Go north and on the minimap, the Unique Weapons symbol will eventually appear.
- Jump along the cliffs, stay close to the fort wall, and eventually, Dani will come across a bunch of vines crawling up the side of the fort.
- Go a little further and there will be a wall with a “rounded edge” (see picture above).
- Turn so that Dani’s facing where the rounded wall intersects with the adjacent wall. If Dani’s at the wrong wall/intersection, look for a patch of brown grass in the corner. Then, run toward the corner while jumping and trying to land on the “rounded edge.”
- Tap the Jump-button so that Dani lands on the edge and can then jump into the fort.
Far Cry 6 is available now for PC, PS4, PS5, Stadia, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
MORE: Far Cry 6: How to Search Ishwari’s Home (House on Fire)
Far Cry 6 players can use this guide to learn how long it’ll take to get to the end of the story.
About The Author