Thinking of trying Google Chrome on your Mac? Here’s how to download it.
While most Mac users already have Apple’s native browser, Safari, installed on their devices, it leaves much to be desired.
For this reason, many Apple users often need to download additional browsers to supplement their browsing experience. Typically, one of the top picks for additional browsers for Mac users is Google Chrome.
Developed by Google, Google Chrome is fast, easy to use, and works across platforms. With this, it’s not surprising why Google Chrome is the most popular browser on the planet. So, if you’re wondering how to download Google Chrome on your Mac, keep reading.
Download Chrome on Your Mac
While the verdict is still out there if Google Chrome is better than Safari, here’s how to try it for yourself.
- Open any browser on your Mac. For most Apple users, the default browser is Safari.
- Go to the Google Chrome page.
- Click Download Chrome.
- Wait for Google Chrome to download. If the download did not start, click Download Chrome in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Click Accept and Install.
- Once the download completes, click googlechrome.dmg.
- On the pop-up, drag the Google Chrome logo towards the shortcut of the Application Folder.
- Wait for Google Chrome to be successfully copied into your Applications Folder.
- When you open Google Chrome for the first time, a pop-up which warns you that it’s an app that was downloaded from the internet will appear. Click Open to proceed.
- Open Google Chrome and use it as your browser.
Aside from this, you may also want to consider ejecting the Google Chrome installer. To eject your Google Chrome installer, open the Finder app. In the left-hand side of the screen, click the Eject button found under Locations.
Enjoy the Benefits of Multiple Browsers
When it comes to online browsing, it’s never a bad idea to have multiple browsers. With multiple browsers, you’re not only safer, but you can also create better boundaries across the different areas of your life.
After installing Google Chrome, you may want to consider optimizing the experience using extensions. However, just be careful to avoid sketchy ones that might affect your privacy.
Chrome would be a boring mess without extensions. Simply put, the Chrome experience with and without the following extensions is like night and day. Prepare to have the scales peeled from your eyes.
About The Author