Hi, everybody. I’m back in your inbox this morning with everything you need to know about what’s happening in town. Let’s do this.
First, today’s weather:
A t-storm around in the pm. High: 82 Low: 70.
Here are the top five stories today in Dallas-Hiram:
- A GoFundMe fundraising effort has raised over $2,000 for the surviving Brister family. On Friday night, a mother of seven killed three of her children during a housefire in Paulding County. The father, Ricky Brister, was on his way home from out of state when he received the news of the incident. Darlene Brister has been charged with malice murder. The crowd-funded money will be reportedly sent to the surviving family directly. (Dallas-Hiram Patch)
- The public hearings set for June 30 with the Dallas Planning Commission have been canceled. The meeting was to review an application by West Dallas LC and Harbin Engineering for the rezoning of various lots. The subsequent hearing before the Dallas Mayor and the City Council on July 11 has also been canceled. (City of Dallas, Georgia)
- The next Dallas Farmers Market will be on Saturday, July 2 at 8:00 am The market will be held in the Dallas Regions Parking Lot until noon. The market is currently accepting vendor applications. To apply, a one-time fee of $25 must be included with the application (it will not be returned if the application is denied). Click to apply. (City of Dallas, Georgia)
- Today’s Hiram Mayor and Council Work Session has been rescheduled. The work session will now occur on July 5. The rescheduled session will precede the Regular session. Anyone that would like to address the City Council is asked to contact the City Clerk. Click to learn more about addressing the City Council. (City of Hiram, Georgia)
- The Wellstar Kennestone Regional Medical Center is celebrating 72 years of service to the area. The hospital system has many locations in Paulding County. To celebrate the historic milestone, the Wellstar Hospital System will be building a new tower to replace the Baird building. It will provide an expanded state-of-the-art Neonatal ICU, a new kitchen, a new cafeteria, in-room dining services, an all-private cardiovascular service with neuro care, and newly designed rooms. (wellstar.org)
Help us make this newsletter better!
We’ve been getting so much positive feedback about the Dallas-Hiram Daily that we’re starting to get a big head. Want to bring us back down to earth with some constructive feedback? If so, take our simple — and quick! — reader survey, Your feedback will help us make sure we’re covering the kind of local news, events and scuttlebutt you really care about. And it will help us toward our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you’d ever unsubscribe from.
We’d be so appreciative of your feedback that, if you take the survey, we’ll enter your email address in a drawing for a small mountain of Patch swag, You know you want that tote bag — so click the link and give it to us straight. Thank you!
- Board Meeting At The Paulding County School District (8:30 AM)
- Small Business Alliance At The Paulding Chamber of Commerce (9:00 AM)
- Board of Commissioners Board Meeting At Paulding County – Dallas, GA (7:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- The Paulding County Sheriff’s Office reminds the community that tips can be submitted in different ways. The best way is to use the free Paulding Sherriff App. Click to learn more. (Paulding County Sheriff’s Office via Facebook)
- The City of Dallas offices will be closed on Monday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day. Please plan accordingly. (City of Dallas)
- The Dallas Theater will be performing “Arsenic and Old Lace” from Aug. 12 to Aug. 14. Click to purchase tickets today. (Dallas Theater)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
That’s it for today. See you all tomorrow for another update!
, Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist, and marketing director for various digital media companies. He currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.