So you want to unlock Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, AKA, The Foundation in Fortnite? Well, you’ll need to complete a couple of objectives to unlock the special Fortnite skin and a whole bunch more if you want to collect all the connected cosmetics. Let’s go over how exactly to unlock the Fortnite The Foundation skin and how to complete some of the tricker Foundation challenges and earn the rewards.
Fortnite The Foundation: How To Unlock The Foundation Skin
You only need to do a couple of simple things to unlock Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, AKA, The Foundation, as a Fortnite skin — own the Battle Pass and visit Mighty Monument, a Seven Outpost, and Sanctuary. Take care of both of these tasks and the base skin will be yours.
Fortnite The Foundation: Where Is Mighty Monument?
Mighty Monument is the small island east of Sanctuary featuring a giant statue of The Foundation. This is the same location where we had to place Fortnite Surveillance Cameras as part of a Seasonal quest.
Fortnite The Foundation: Where Are Seven Outposts?
As for Seven Outposts, there are ten of these camps spread across the island. Remember discovering the Fortnite The Device location back at the beginning of Chapter 3 Season 1? You’ll need to visit one of these same ten outposts to satisfy the challenge and unlock The Foundation skin.
Fortnite The Foundation: Challenges And Rewards
While The Foundation outfit is the ultimate reward, there is a slew of other related cosmetics that you can collect and pair with your new skin. Below is a list of all of The Foundation challenges and the accompanying rewards:
- Search chests or ammo boxes at Fortnite Covert Cavern (3): Foundation’s Fortune Emoticon
- Use shield potions in a single match (4): True Foundation Spray
- Deal melee damage to opponents (100): Foundation’s Plasma Spike Harvesting Tool
- Snipe an opponent with a sniper rifle while crouching (1): Foundation’s Mantle Back Bling
- Hire a character and travel 1,000 metres with them (1,000): Foundational Wrap
- Assist in eliminating Gunnar (1): Tactical Visor Toggle Emote
- Deal headshot damage to players with common or uncommon weapons (500): The Foundation – Combat Elite Style
- Deal damage to opponents from above with SMGs or Shotguns (1,000): The Foundation – Tactical Style
- Land at a Seven Outpost, then finish top 10 (2): The Rocket Wing Glider
- Complete all of the Foundation Quests (4): The Rocket Wing Glider – Stealth Style
You have a bit of freedom when it comes to the order in which you complete these challenges, however, you must complete the first five challenges before the final five Fortnite The Foundation challenges become available. Thankfully, most of these quests are relatively easy and can be completed naturally through gameplay.
As for the more tricky ones, here are some tips:
Fortnite The Foundation: Deal Melee Damage To Opponents
This Foundation challenge sounds simple, but what exactly counts as melee damage in Fortnite? Right now, your trusty pickaxe is the only weapon capable of dealing melee damage to opponents. More will likely be added at a later date — like Fortnite Lightsabers — but for now, you’ll have to rely on your harvesting tool. Find out all about Fortnite melee damage in our guide on Fortnite melee weapons.
Fortnite The Foundation: Hire A Character
The Fortnite island is home to many non-player characters (NPCs) but there are only a select few that we can hire to do our bidding. Agent Jones, Brainiac, Galactico, Jonesy The First, Lt. John Llama, Shanta, and The Visitor are the only characters you can hire in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1.
Approach one of these characters during a match and pay them some Gold Bars to hire them. With a hired character by your side, travel 1,000 metres to complete one of the more difficult Foundation challenges.
You now have everything you need to unlock the Fortnite The Foundation skin and all of his matching cosmetics. Follow this guide to a tee and soon you’ll be dropping out of the Battle Bus as The Rock himself.