Apex Legends Season 12 is set to launch very soon and we have all of the details on every known change the update will bring to the game.
With every new season of Apex Legends, players expect a heap of changes to come and bring some excitement to the game.
Apex Legends Season 12 was recently announced, and as it is launching soon we thought it would be a great idea to detail all the early changes coming in the new update that we know about.
Here are the early patch notes for Season 12, including every buff and nerf for both weapons & and Legends.
Apex Legends Season 12 early patch notes
- New Legend – Mad Maggie
- Mad Maggie will be an Offensive classed Legend with a kit that is built for being fiery and aggressive. If you’re interested in Mad Maggie’s abilities and lore, make sure you check out our piece on who is Mad Maggie?
- Starting from Season 12, Crypto will be able to send his drone out remotely, travelling a short distance while players can still control Crypto.
- Holding the tactical button will allow players to control the drone like before.
- Players will now be able to destroy Caustic’s Gas Traps even after they have been triggered.
- Flatline & Longbow
- Starting in Season 12, these weapons will no longer be available in ground loot, but will have to be replicated by players instead.
When the full official patch notes are released, we will update this piece with all the changes to weapons.
For now, we do have early information on the Care Package weapons and available Hop-Ups for Season 12.
Care Package weapons
Starting from Season 12, the Volt will replace the Alternator in the Care Package. This is currently the only known change to Care Package weapons in Season 12.
Season 12 Hop-Ups
Season 12 will introduce a brand new Hop-Up called “Kinetic Feder,” which is available for the Peacekeeper and Triple Take. This Hop-Up will reload rounds and reduce charge time while sliding.
Further, we will also see the return of Hammerpoint rounds for the P2020, Mozambique, and now for the first time, the RE-45.
Season 12 will also be bringing some changes to the beloved Olympus map. Since arriving in Season 7, Olympus hasn’t seen many significant changes.
The EA blog on Sabotaged Olympus exposed all the changes coming to the map, which span from minor tweaks to massive new POIs and spaces.
- Phase Driver
- There will be a new POI called Phase Driver, as well as various other changes across Olympus. Most of the changes taking place will be around Bonsai Plaza and Hammond Labs.
- Terminal is also a new POI that will act as a “new central routing area for the map,” as it runs within the centre of the Phase Runner tube that spans across the map.
New LTM “Control”
Players will finally be getting a brand new LTM in Season 12 called “Control.” This LTM will see teams of nine players battle it out to take control of three objective points on either Hammond Labs or Barometer.
Players will team up as three sets of three against each other in a battle for points. Owning objectives will earn teams points, much like Call of Duty’s Domination game mode. The team that reaches the point limit wins.
The mode features unlimited respawns and objective-based spawning like Battlefield. Players will queue up as three individual squads, which means there is a chance that teams will have multiple of the same Legends.
This mode will be available for the first three weeks of Season 12, but many believe the mode will eventually become permanent, using the three weeks as a playtest.
That’s all for the changes coming in Apex Legends Season 12. We will be updating this piece with all the changes when the patch notes are released. For now, be sure to check out the most popular Legends in the current season.
Image Credits: Respawn Entertainment