MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Alabama Power officials are offering training to first responders on how to avoid electrocution after a Mobile Fire-Rescue Department firefighter was shocked at a house fire.
On May 25, a firefighter was responding to a house fire when he was shocked and received medical treatment. Because of this and other incidents like this, Alabama Power is hosting a safety training class for first responders on Thursday, June 2. First responders who sign up and attend this training will get an hour-long presentation.
First responders must register to attend this training in advance. Those who attend can choose between the 9 a.m. training or the 6 p.m. training session. To register, call Sharon Murrill with Alabama Power at (251)463-3736.
You can stay ahead of all breaking and local news. Download the WKRG News 5 News App and be sure to turn on push alerts.